Indian clothing is known for its grace, elegance and comfort making it popular worldwide. For an Indian groom, Sherwani is the most popular dressing option signifying style and elegance. The Indian equivalent of a western suit, Sherwani is quite similar to a coat, but it is long and is usually worn over a churidar.
Sherwanis are available in a plethora of styles. Here are some of them.
- Achkan – It is lightweight and has long sleeves giving a coat-like appearance.
- Chipkan – This style has been into fashion since the Mughal period. The upper half of the Sherwani fits closely to the body while the lower part has the shape of a frock with a large circumference that ends above the knees.
- Jacket Sherwani – This type of Sherwani includes a set of three – the Sherwani, the jacket and churidar pajama.
- Angrakha Sherwani – It is fitted from above and loose from bottom. Its length is longer than others. Angrakha is famous for its heavy embroidery pattern with zari and zardosi. It offers a rich look with its thread, stone and bead work.
- Pathani Sherwani – Heavily embroidered jacket type top with loose pathani salwar. Raw silk is the most popular fabric.
Selecting the Best Sherwani:
- The first thing to decide is the budget. Sherwanis are available in a varied price range depending upon the fabric, style and embroidery. Specifying a budget helps you to narrow down the search and avoid overspending.
- Another important thing to decide is the colour. You must consider the complexion and overall body type. Choose a colour that reflects your personality.
- You can choose from different styles, designs and fabrics. Different fabrics used for making Sherwanis include silk, poly silk, Banarasi silk, tanchoi, cotton, and brocade etc.
It is wise to buy Indian designer wear online. You can choose from the vast collection of Sherwanis available at reasonable prices.